Community Outreach Organizer Position
The Community Outreach Organizer will work with The Community Voice Resident Team, Leadership Team and Community Coordinator to create and implement an inclusive resident-led community health equity plan. The Community Outreach Organizer will be responsible to provide outreach to community members to obtain information that is inclusive of the priority population.
- Schedule: 20 hours per week. Position is an exempt position. Some evening and weekend hours are required.
- Pay and Benefits: $15-$18 per hour. The position offers prorated benefits that includes vacation time and sick leave.
- Travel: Work-related travel is required. The employee will be reimbursed for mileage at the IRS standard mileage rate.
- Equipment: Community Outreach Organizer is required to have reliable transportation and possess a valid Colorado Driver’s License.
- Location: The Community Outreach Organizer will have a desk, computer and office space within the office of The Community Voice
- Reports to: The Community Voice Coordinator
Scope of Work
- Work with the Resident Team and Community Coordinator to meet the implementation plan priorities.
- Willingness to learn what already exists in the community in relation to priorities of the Team.
- Bring together diverse groups of community residents to include parents, teens, seniors, veterans that fit the priority population with health equity for community members in mind.
- Creative thinking and excellent communications skills
- Willingness to explore potential options.
- Arrange and hold group, individual, and family meetings to develop a better understanding of the identified issues.
- Must have great communication and listening skills.
- Event planning and organization in partnership with the Community Coordinator.
- Arrangement and facilitation of focus group meetings as needed.
- Participation in Resident Team meetings and discussion with the Coordinator for decision making, scheduling and project development.
- Create communication and promotional literature for distribution, such as newsletters, brochures or flyers.
- Outreach to diverse community members.
- Research of community statistics as needed.
Qualifications and Personal Characteristics
- Passionate about the community.
- Interest and ability to form trusting relationships with community members.
- Effective communication though sharing of information, listening, conveys ideas in a way to engage others and help in understanding and retention of The Community Voice vision.
- Practical experience on bringing people together to act successfully on an important community issue.
- Work well on a team
- Ability to manage time and prioritize activities
- Strong decision making and judgement skills
- Organized and reliable
- Ability to set-up, coordinate meetings and events
- Practical experience to bring community members together on an issue.
- Demonstrates a high level of verbal, written, and listening skills
- Proficient with MS Office (Microsoft Word Excel, Excel, and Outlook), Google Docs, and worksheets
- Proficient in social media communication and platforms
- Community member of or familiarity with Dove Creek or The Community Voice.
To apply, interested applicants should email a letter of interest and a resume’ with three (3) references to email@example.com by April 10, 2020. For questions, please call 970-739-0073.
The Community Voice Resident Team is a project of the CNDC and The Colorado Trust.
CNDC is dedicated to equal employment opportunities in any term, condition or privilege of employment. CNDC prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, age 40 and over, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender expression or any other characteristic protected.