Deadline Less Than One Week Away
THE DOVE CREEK CONSERVATION DISTRICT [DCCD] HAS FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR COST SHARE ON CONSERVATION PRACTICES FOR AGRICULTURAL LANDS. THE BOARD WILL BE TAKING APPLICATIONS FOR CONSERVATION PRACTICES FROM
UNTIL FEBRUARY 26, 2019. THE BOARD WILL REVIEW AND APPROVE APPLICATIONS BY MARCH 26, 2019.
Your application should include a location map, project summary, implementation timeline, and cost estimates. All applications will undergo a needs and feasibility determination by the board before project approval. All approved applications will have to sign Project Agreements that includes all project requirements including practice life spans and projects must be completed by November 2019. Applications for practices on CRP lands will need written approval from FSA before consideration. No DCCD board members or their immediate family are eligible for this program. Applications will be prioritized by the DCCD based on the following criteria:
– Biological Control [sub-ranking: 1st-Canada Thistle infestations; 2nd-Dalmatian Toad-flax infestations; and 3rd-Field Bindweed infestations]. Within the sub-ranking decision process for biological weed control applications, we will prioritize those applications that are in areas inaccessible to mechanized equipment, too remote for effective use of handheld equipment or that involve producers utilizing organic crop production systems.
– Living Snow Fences/Field Windbreaks [sub-ranking: 1st-applications protecting the greatest area and 2nd-applications protecting progressively less area].
– Buffer Practices [sub-rankings: 1st-pollinator habitat plantings; 2nd-perennial vegetation plantings on crop-
– Water and Sediment Control Basins [sub-rankings: 1st-clean outs and 2nd-new construction].
land fields; 3rd-field borders; and 4th-grassed waterways].
– Terrace rebuilds [applications treating most severe slopes will rank highest].
For more information about this cost share program, contact one of the following board members: Bill Waschke, Eric Guynes, Matt Forst, Lyle Deremo, or Levi Garchar.