Red Flag Warning in Effect from Noon Tuesday July 14 until 8 pm MST
The National Weather Service in Grand Junction has issued a Red Flag Warning for gusty winds, low relative humidity and dry fuels, which is in effect from noon to 8 PM MDT Tuesday. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* AFFECTED AREA...In Colorado, Fire Weather Zone 200 Little Snake Forecast Area, Fire Weather Zone 202 White River Forecast Area, Fire Weather Zone 203 Lower Colorado River, Fire Weather Zone 207 Southwest Colorado Lower Forecast Area, Fire Weather Zone 290 Paradox Valley Forecast Area and Fire Weather Zone 292 North Fork Forecast Area. In Utah, Fire Weather Zone 487 Book Cliffs, Fire Weather Zone 490 Colorado River Basin and Fire Weather Zone 491 Southeast Utah.
* WINDS...Southwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...10 to 15 percent.
* IMPACTS...Conditions will be favorable for the rapid ignition, growth and spread of fires. Agricultural burning is strongly discouraged.
* AFFECTED AREAS: SOUTHWEST COLORADO LOWER FORECAST AREA ... PARADOX VALLEY ... LOWER COLORADO RIVER ... LITTLE SNAKE ... BOOK CLIFFS ... SOUTHEAST UTAH ... NORTH FORK ... WHITE RIVER ... COLORADO RIVER BASIN
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.