Red Flag Warning until 8 p.m. Tuesday
Red Flag Warning until 08:00PM Tuesday
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 8 PM MDT TUESDAY FOR GUSTY WINDS, LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY AND DRY FUELS FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 200, 203, 207, 290, AND 491... The National Weather Service in Grand Junction has issued a Red Flag Warning for gusty winds, low relative humidity and dry fuels, which is in effect from noon to 8 PM MDT Tuesday.
* AFFECTED AREA...In Colorado, Fire Weather Zone 200 Little Snake Forecast Area, Fire Weather Zone 203 Lower Colorado River, Fire Weather Zone 207 Southwest Colorado Lower Forecast Area and Fire Weather Zone 290 Paradox Valley Forecast Area. In Utah, Fire Weather Zone 491 Southeast Utah.
* WINDS...Southwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...7 to 12 percent.
* IMPACTS...Conditions will be favorable for the rapid ignition, growth and spread of fires. Agricultural burning is strongly discouraged.
* AFFECTED AREAS: SOUTHWEST COLORADO LOWER FORECAST AREA ... PARADOX VALLEY ... LOWER COLORADO RIVER ... LITTLE SNAKE ... SOUTHEAST UTAH
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.